Wednesday 27 June 2012

Nails of the Day - Turquoise & Gold


I saw this technique on favourite how-to site The Beauty Department last week and just had to give it a go.

I used my  turquoise shade from last summer's Topshop collection ("Gone Fishing") as the base and Barry M's foil effects gold paint for the top. The full tutorial is here, but it's such a simple process I didn't even need it after the initial read.

Paint your nails with your chosen base as normal - one base coat, then two coats of colour.

Leave to dry for around 30 minutes, so the colour won't smudge when you apply your gold.

To apply the gold coat, you'll need a small plastic bag (I just used a small Boots bag I had lying around - you can use whatever).

Scrunch the bag up so that most of it is held in your hand, but pull a bit free so it can be dabbed into your nails. Paint the bag with the gold polish, dab any excess into a piece of paper, then dab the bag into your nails.


You'll need to reapply, (and blot) the gold paint every 2-3 nails. Once they're all done, seal with top coat. When they're completely dry, remove any gold around your nails with a cotton bud soaked in nail polish. And voila! You're all done.

It also looks great on toes (but I'll save you from having to look at a photo of them). I told you it was simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment